Monday, November 23, 2015

Writer's Digest Self Publishing Competition

Judge's Commentary*:


Signs of a Serial Killer is a potent testimony to friendship and how horror afflicts not just the murdered but the loved ones of the murdered. I like the feeling of sincerity that is conveyed to the reader through the story of Crystal, Sue's friend. We follow Crystal from her childhood in the foothills of Valley Ctr., California, to meeting Sue and making plans together as friends on to Sue's disappearance and the impact it has on Crystal. Primarily this is Crystal's story, of course, and the things she discovers toward the end of her narrative are blood chilling. I liked the love story that gives hope in the midst of the horror. I appreciated the author's making me aware that any one of us may brush close to a serial killer, and if but for the grace of God, we too may become victims. I liked Clary's investigation and inquisitive mind. I liked her philosophical and spiritual reflections. I liked her passion for her story and deep emotions, particularly in regard to her love story. The cover picture is appropriate and the back blurb is interesting.http://bookstore.authorhouse.com/Products/SKU-000679542/SIGNS-OF-A-SERIAL-KILLER.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment